So, I Married a Foodie

I was never much into food. I ate it, it tasted good, I didn't think about it again until it was time for my next meal. Until I met my hubby.... the Foodie!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A-B-C-D- Etc....



I made a scrumptious soup last night. My 17 year old ate it like he had never eaten before. We must remember though, that he is 17 and if he goes longer than 3 hours without eating, he is "starving to death".

Anns (easy) Alphabet Soup

12 cups water

10 Chicken Bouillon Cubes

6 Carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks

6 Celery Stalks, cut into 1 inch chunks

1 Onion, sliced

2 8 oz Packages cooked chicken strips

1 Small Can Chicken Broth

3/4 Box of Prince Brand Alphabets

Fill large soup pan with water, add carrots, celery and onions. When it begins to boil, add bouillon cubes. Let simmer for about an hour or until the veggies are soft. When veggies are soft, add can of chicken broth, chicken strips and Alphabet Noodles. Cook for about 7 minutes or until noodles are done to your liking.

I served this with a loaf of crusty bread.

It made a lot of soup. Enough to feed my family of 5 with a little left-over for my sons lunch today.

ENJOY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home